It’s been a busy end to a busy year! I’ve had the chance to meet with many here in Windsor-5 and attend trainings in Montpelier. Other comings and goings:
- Woodstock EDCs grant meet and greet to help new entrepreneurs
- Bi-State breakfast to discuss childcare and the rising costs of health insurance
- Women’s Caucus
- Housing discussion on VT’s new VHIP Supplemental Grant program; this program will help with costs associated with creating Ancillary Dwelling Units, like the Section 8 apartment I’m creating above my garage.
- Chamber of Commerce check-in
- Checking in with a local reading specialist to get more decodable books in schools for the 1 in 5 kids with dyslexia in school. These books will also help kids that don’t respond to the ‘whole language approach’ to learning to read.
- On Farm Restaurant discussions
- Climate Caucus